British Babies Terms and Conditions
By using the British Babies website, placing an order for garments electronically or by telephone you confirm your agreement to our terms and conditions.
- During the British Babies account registration process you can choose a username and password. Please keep this safe at all times and do not allow others to know or access it. You are responsible for all actions taken under that username and password.
- Some features available on this site will require registration. By registering with this site you agree to provide accurate, true, current and complete information about yourself and that the credit or debit card you are using is your own and that there are sufficient funds in your account to cover payment of the product(s) ordered.
- We reserve the right to suspend the use of the website at any time to perform essential maintenance, update information and to remove any inaccurate material.
- The statutory rights of any consumer shall not be affected by anything in these terms and conditions.
- All other terms and conditions, whether express or implied by statute or otherwise, are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- All orders placed through our website shall be subject to these terms and conditions.
- When placing an order you agree that all goods are for your own private and domestic use only and are not for resale.
- You must be eighteen years old or older to use this site. If you are under the age of eighteen you may only use this site with the agreement of, and under the supervision of, a parent or guardian.
- By submitting an order to us via this website, you represent and warrant that the payment details provided on your order are valid and correct, and that when your order is taken and processed by us, payment will be made in full.
- All orders for garments shall be deemed to be an agreement by you, the buyer, to purchase garments pursuant to these terms and conditions.
- Once your order has been placed, you will receive an email from us confirming your order (“Confirmation Email”) and acknowledging that we have received your order. This does not mean that your order has been accepted, nor that a Contract between us has been formed. Acceptance of your order will take place as described in clause 4.
- We will confirm our acceptance of your order by sending you an email which will confirm that the products have been dispatched to you at the address specified when you submitted your order (“Dispatch Confirmation”). The Dispatch Confirmation will also include an order tracking number to enable you to monitor the delivery of your order. The Contract between us will only be formed at the time we send you the Dispatch Confirmation.
- We reserve the right to refuse any order placed with us. We may, at our sole discretion, limit or cancel any order placed by you in person, per address or per order. This may include orders placed under the same account, payment details or the same shipping/billing address. In the event we make such changes or cancel an order, we will make every attempt to contact you. Please note this will be via the email or phone number which was provided at the time the order was placed. By placing your order, you agree that email can be used as a means of communication, notification and billing between us.
- We have made every effort to display the colours of our products as accurately as possible. However, the actual colour you see on our site will be dependent on the resolution of your computer or browser software. We cannot guarantee that the colour, texture or detail of the product will be accurate to that displayed by your computer.
- All drawings, photographs, descriptive matter and specifications of the garments on the website are for the sole purpose of giving an approximate description of the garments.
- We cannot guarantee that stock availability is 100% accurate at all times.
4. Price and Payment
- The price of the garments will be the price stated on the website on the date the order is received and will include VAT (where applicable) and the appropriate delivery charge for your selected preference and country.
- Discounts and offers cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer and are not valid on the purchase of sale items or gift cards. We reserve the right to end any discounts or offers at any time including before the advertised end date without notice.
- We accept payment with PayPal or any of the debit or credit cards shown on the website. All credit/debit cardholders are subject to validation checks and authorisation by the card issuer. If the issuer of your payment card refuses to authorise payment to us we will not be liable for any delay or non-delivery.
- We do not accept liability if a delivery is delayed due to incorrect payment details. If it is not possible to obtain full payment for the products from your account, then we reserve the right to cancel the contract and/or suspend any further deliveries to you.
- Title to the garments will pass to you, the buyer, on payment in full of the price of the garments.
- Once the transaction is completed, we will issue you with an electronic receipt to your email address.
- The order will be delivered the person and address provided by you, the buyer, on the order form online.
- Any risk to the garments shall pass to you upon such delivery taking place.
- Dates quoted for delivery of the order are approximate only and we shall not be liable for any delay in delivery of the order, however caused.
6. Return of garment
- Under the distance selling regulations you have the legal right to cancel your order for any reason within the 14 days cancellation period. You do not have to give a reason for cancellation. However, you may be asked in order to help improve our service to you in the future. The cancellation periods ends at the end of 14 days, beginning on the day after you (or your representative) receive your goods. If your goods are sent separately, then this period extends to 14 days after you receive the last of the goods.
- If you wish to cancel your order it is your responsibility to inform us of this within the cancellation period. You can do this by emailing us at email@example.com. Please include full product details and the order number when cancelling. It is your responsibility to return the goods back to us and you are also responsible for the cost associated with returning the goods back.
- It is the customer’s responsibility to return the item in perfect condition. The following terms apply:
- All goods must be returned in their original condition and packaging. Please take care when unpacking and repacking.
- For hygiene reasons we will not accept returns on garments that have been worn or are returned in a soiled condition.
- Do not return any garments without contacting us in advance and obtaining a Returns Authorisation Number.
- Please fill in and enclose the returns section on the delivery note explaining the reason for the return in full and quoting the Returns Authorisation Number.
- We cannot be held responsible for garments lost in transit. We recommend that you send by registered post & retain proof of posting.
- We will not make refunds to a third party.
- Any damage or missing items will not be refunded.
- Our carriage charge is not refundable unless the goods are faulty.
7. Liability and Indemnity
We will use all reasonable endeavours to carry out our obligations within a reasonable period of time. We will not be liable to you, the buyer, for any loss, costs or expenses arising directly or indirectly from any delays in meeting our obligations, nor will we be deemed to be in breach of this Agreement by reason of any delay in performing, or any failure to perform, any of our obligations in relation to this Agreement, if the delay or failure was due to any cause beyond our reasonable control. Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing, the following will be regarded as causes beyond our reasonable control:
- Act of God, explosion, flood, tempest, fire or accident.
- War or threat of war, sabotage, civil disturbance or requisition.
- Acts, restrictions, regulations, bye-laws, prohibitions or measures of any kind on the part of any governmental, parliamentary or local authority.
- Import or export regulations or embargoes.
- Strikes, lock outs or other industrial actions or trade disputes.
- Difficulties in obtaining raw materials, labour, fuel, parts or machinery.
- Power failure or breakdown in machinery.If we are prevented from carrying out our obligations in the above circumstances, we will notify you in writing. If we are still prevented from carrying out our obligations 3 weeks from the date that such notice was sent, then either party may give written notice to the other cancelling the Agreement. If the Agreement is cancelled in this way we accept no liability to compensate you for any loss or damage caused by failure to perform.
You acknowledge and agree that you assume full responsibility for your use of the site. You acknowledge and agree that any information you send or receive during your use of the site may not be secure and may be intercepted by unauthorised parties. You acknowledge and agree that your use of the site is at your own risk and that the site is made available to you at no charge. Recognising such, you acknowledge and agree that to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, British Babies will not be liable for any direct, indirect, punitive, exemplary, incidental, special, consequential or other damages arising out of or in any way related to the site, or from any actions we take or fail to take as a result of communications you send to us, or the delay or inability to use the site, or for any information, products or services advertised in or obtained through the site. This disclaimer applies, without limitation, to any damages or injury arising from any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defects, delay in operation or transmission, computer viruses, file corruption, communication-line failure, network or system outage, your loss of profits, or theft, destruction, unauthorised access to, alteration of, loss or use of any record or data, and any other tangible or intangible loss.
- British Babies is a registered trademark. The content of this site including images, designs, logos and text are all the copyright of British Babies. All rights are reserved. The copy, print or download of any of the material on this site for commercial use is totally prohibited. You may not modify, distribute or repost anything on our site for any purpose, unless specifically through the sharing/social media functionality set out on our site.
- The website is controlled and operated in the United Kingdom. These Terms and Conditions and all matters connected with any order you place in our website are governed by English law and, by using the website, you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts in relation to all matters connected with or arising out of the website or any order you place on the website.
10. Data Protection
- British Babies adheres to the principles of the Data Protection Act. We will never pass on your details to third parties for marketing purposes unless you have specifically agreed for us to do so, for example, by entering a prize draw or competition, where it was set out in the terms of the promotion. By purchasing goods through British Babies you agree both to our Terms and Conditions and to receiving email marketing communications from British Babies. You can opt-out of email marketing communications from us at any time. Please see below for details on how to do this. The following are the only circumstances in which we may need to share your data with others: – With agents, including credit reference agencies, our credit/debit card clearing agency, fraud prevention and detection agencies) that we use to process the orders you place with us or who assist us in the service we provide to you. In these instances, we provide them with only the information they need to perform their function.
- The headings in this Agreement are for convenience only and will not affect their interpretation.
- You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless British Babies and its affiliates and their officers, directors, employees, contractors, agents, licensors, service providers, subcontractors and suppliers from and against any and all losses, liabilities, expenses, damages and costs, including reasonable lawyers’ fees and court costs, arising or resulting from your use of the site and any violation of these Terms and Conditions. If you cause a technical disruption of the site or the systems transmitting the site to you or others, you agree to be responsible for any and all losses, liabilities, expenses, damages and costs, including reasonable lawyers’ fees and court costs, arising or resulting from that disruption. British Babies reserves the right, at its own expense, to assume exclusive defence and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you and, in such case, you agree to cooperate with British Babies in the defence of such matter.
12. Queries and Complaints
- We aim to respond to e-mail queries within 24hrs.
- In the case of a complaint being made, we will consider the nature of the complaint and will contact you within 21 days of the complaint giving you the result of the enquiries and what we propose should be done.
When a customer places an order, their names, addresses and order details are securely stored online. No payment information is held by British Babies as this is all processed securely via Paypal. Customers email addresses are only used for correspondence regarding their order, unless they opt in to receiving our occasional emails during the checkout process by ticking the ‘subscribe to our occasional emails’ box. Emails and any personal information are never shared with other companies. If you wish to obtain the details of the data we hold for you, you can request this via email from firstname.lastname@example.org. You have the right to ask us to remove your personal information should you so wish. If there is a high risk breach of security and your personal details may have been compromised, we will contact you immediately to inform you.